1 cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 cup almond flour (AP flour works as a substitute)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup orange juice
Grated zest of one lemon or orange
1/4 cup slivered almonds
5-8 dried apricots, diced or slivered
1. Grease and flour a 9 inch cake pan or spring foam pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together your flours, baking powder and salt.
3. In a large bowl, crack your eggs and whisk lightly. Add in your sugar and whisk until slightly creamy (about 30 seconds). Pour in your olive oil and whisk until your mixture is lighter in color and slightly thicker (about 45 seconds). Stir in your extracts.
4. Stir in your orange juice and then fold in your dry ingredients to your wet mixture. Whisk until you have a smooth batter.
5. Pour your batter into your prepared pan. Sprinkle with slivered almonds and diced, dried apricots. Bake in preheated oven for 30-45 minutes. The cake will begin to pull away from the edge of the pan and spring back lightly when touched.
6. Allow to cool for ten minutes before removing.