1 1/2 cups AP flour
3/4 cups granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup milk
4 oz of cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
4 TBSP brown sugar
3 TBSP flour
3 TBSP butter (cut into small squares)
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and grease a 12-tin muffin pan.
2. Combine the flour, sugar, soda, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. With a whisk, stir dry ingredients until well combined. Add blueberries and toss to coat with flour. (By adding blueberries into the dry ingredients, your berries will not sink to the bottom of your tins)
3. Combine oil, egg and milk in small bowl and beat until combined.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just moistened. Your batter will be very thick.
5. In a bowl, beat together cream cheese with sugar. Then, fill your muffin tins a little over half-way full with muffin batter. Using a spoon, make a small indention into batter and spoon a teaspoon full of cream cheese into your well. (I like to take a toothpick and swirl the cream cheese into the batter).
6. Combine the brown sugar, flour and butter in a small bowl and mix together with a fork or fingers until small crumbs form. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over your muffins.
7. Bake in your preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from muffin tins.