And so I determined that this Sunday I would highlight a few of my favorite cookie recipes, and then tomorrow plan a posting on a new cookie...jam thumbprints with homemade jam (courtesy of one of my best friends).
I would love to see which cookie speaks most to you, so leave a comment on your favorite post or just make mention below...I need to see where the cookie divide lies (chocolate...peanut butter...fruit)
1. A Thought for Food: So I've already mentioned Brian and his blog in a previous posting about some of the most delicious scones I've ever tasted. But I must reiterate these basic points: He is a talented writer, a photographer that can capture the simple beauty of food, and one of the kindest people I've ever met. His recipes will make you swoon.
2. Namely Marly: An amazing woman is behind this wonderful blog. Marly is a dedicated vegan and she posts some amazing recipes. But her true passion is names. Her posts about the meaning of names, how names evolve over a lifetime, and her interviews are always fascinating.
3. Patty's Food: Talk about talent! This woman can bake and she can photograph. Each time I visit her blog, I'm struck by her gorgeous pictures. I drool, I melt, I want to move next door. She also happens to be generous, thoughtful and kind.
4. Simply Healthy Family: This Arizona mom is committed to making sure her family eats the best food possible. She has such creative recipes that I sometimes feel shamed (here I am, childless, and I can hardly throw together a meal). Her posts are always a pleasure to read.
5. The Baking Barrister: I just found this blog, and I'm in love. First off, she has an amazing giraffe header. Secondly, she just finished law school (thus her posts are always witty and well-written). Third, she knows how to cook and her photos...out of this world.