2 Sticks butter (softened to room temperature)
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Sour Cream
1-2 Tsp vanilla or almond extract
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Baking Powder
6 cups sifted Cake Flour
1. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Add in one egg at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in the sour cream and vanilla and beat until smooth and well-combined.
2. Whisk together your dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture to form a dough that is stiff enough to roll out. (You may need to add more or less flour)
3. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Roll out your dough to 1/4 inch thickness on a well-floured surface. Cut into shapes! Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
Cream Cheese Frosting
1/2 Cup butter (room temperature)
8 oz package of cream cheese (room temperature)
2-3 cups powdered sugar (the amount of sugar depends on how sweet you like your frosting so feel free to add more or less)
1 tsp vanilla
1. Cream the butter and cream cheese together for about 3 minutes.
2. Add the vanilla, stir to combine.
3. Add the powdered sugar, continually tasting to achieve the desired level of sweetness. Spread over cooled cookies.