1 1/2 cups AP flour
1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 Tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground ginger
3/4 cup finely chopped dried apricots
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
2 TBSP ground flax seed
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup soy milk
1-2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, powder, soda, salt, ginger and dried apricots.
2. In a small bowl, combine sugar, apple sauce, flax seed, oil, soy milk, lemon juice and vanilla. Stir to combine.
3. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until moist and fully incorporated. The dough will be fairly dry (add more soy milk if necessary). Form the dough into a disc, cover with plastic wrap and let chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
4. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Remove dough from fridge and form into 1 inch balls. If you would like, dip cookie balls in a bowl of granulated sugar to coat. Place balls on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Flatten with the greased bottom of a glass. Bake for 18 minutes or until just lightly golden.
5. Allow your cookies to cool on a wired rack. Enjoy!