2 cups White Whole Wheat Flour (You could also use All Purpose flour or a mixture of both)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp salt
3/4 cup warm milk (soy milk or water could work if you're vegan)
1. Mix together the flour, powder, salt and oil in a large bowl. Slowly pour warmed milk over mixture and stir until combined. Use a Kitchen Aid mixer or your hands to knead dough for three minutes, adding more milk/water if necessary. Cover bowl with a damp towel or plastic wrap and let rest for 20-30 minutes.
2. Divide ball of dough into eight equal pieces and place on a plate. Let rest for an additional ten minutes. (Resting is essential to this recipe!)
3. On a floured surface, roll out individual balls of dough with a rolling pin. I like to put a piece of wax paper over the dough. Your tortillas can be as thin or as thick as you would like them! Thus the beauty of baking at home!
4. Heat a skillet to medium-high heat. Water droplets should dance. Place tortilla on skillet and let cook for 1-2 minutes (tortilla will puff slightly) flip over and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
5. Place tortillas in a towel or napkin while others are cooking. These tortillas are best enjoyed fresh off the griddle!